View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 07:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sway
Track Member

Drives: 2018 GTR
Sway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Next was Hurricane Harvey... no damage to the Z luckily, but my backyard fence was gone, shed was gone, got a big hole in my roof, some water damage... sucked but at least the Z was safely tucked away in the garage. However later the first weekend of September, THIS appeared. (See attached photo) They look like water spots on my tach. They won’t go away! They’re still there! Any ideas or help on this would be much appreciated. Idk how it happened, or what caused it.

By this point somewhere in there I got ECUTEK and E-Tuning by Seb @ Specialty Z. It was pulling timing due to a little knock being detected sometimes and we were trying to figure out if it was false knock or not.

So I did some maintenance done on my car. Inspection, oil change, etc. I also changed the spark plugs out for colder GTR plugs, topped off all her fluids, motul diff fluid, mobile1 5w30 full synthetic oil, added water wetter to the 50/50 antifreeze in the radiator to help keep temps down and added the Z1 magnetic oil pan drain plug. I also went through and checked all connections and panels in the engine bay replacing any missing clips and/or bolts, and also stabilized my gen 3 intakes to make sure nothing was hitting or knocking.

Here she is at the inspection place:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg D682BC25-36A7-474D-8F6A-C4858E9BEC50.jpg (253.1 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Sway; 03-27-2019 at 07:26 AM.
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote