View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
bkunzi01
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
bkunzi01 has a reputation beyond reputebkunzi01 has a reputation beyond reputebkunzi01 has a reputation beyond reputebkunzi01 has a reputation beyond reputebkunzi01 has a reputation beyond reputebkunzi01 has a reputation beyond reputebkunzi01 has a reputation beyond reputebkunzi01 has a reputation beyond reputebkunzi01 has a reputation beyond reputebkunzi01 has a reputation beyond reputebkunzi01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Z View Post
Hello all,
Is it just my car or when you turn very tightly at slow speed, do you feel like the wheels are fighting against each other to follow the external and internal turn radius??

I don’t know how to explain this clearly but when my steering wheel is completely left or right, I sometimes feel that the wheel are slipping on the pavement. It makes the car do erratic movements and I simply hope that it’s not something loose in the steering geometry.

Thanks for the feedback!

I too have been having a problem with tight turns like when pulling out of a parking spot. However instead of a slipping feeling there is an actual bounce in the steering wheel and a clunking sound that sounds like it comes from the front tires. This happens 4 or 5 times as I pull out in reverse but doesn't start until I have fully cut the wheel. Does anyone have any ideas of what this may be? I am definitely taking it to the dealer this weekend.
bkunzi01 is offline   Reply With Quote