View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 08:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
zer099
Base Member

Drives: '98 200sx; '09 G37x
zer099 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Why don't you go have all that work done and then tell us how much it costs. I know how much I have in my engine build. It's not cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
That motor is on the plus 50 grand side. When is the last time you had a custom engine put together? Create motors are a different story. Ever price a Nelson motor. Some of them are way over 50 grand.

I never said it was cheap, i said it was most likely around $30k. I don't find that cheap, but I don't agree it was $50k either. I've build a handful of engines that have done excellent at what they were built for. I am very familiar with crap work and exceptional machine work. I'm also well up to date in the current market cost when it comes to the internals of our engine, and those prices I quoted can easily be verified with a web search or a phone call or two.

And Nelson motors are nice, but you are paying a premium for a name as well, you have to keep that in mind.

I 100% agree it's an expensive engine, but I think there are some inflated price estimates being thrown around. JWT can slap whatever number they want on that engine, but realistically the cost of parts and labor not inflated are not as much as some are estimating I feel. It's still just a VQ37 block slightly over-bored with a custom rotating assembly and some HR heads with great work done to them and race cams in it. They might have sleeved it, but I don't see why they would, and they might have installed some type of block guard to close deck it but still, it's not a custom molded block.