View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sway
Track Member

Drives: 2018 GTR
Sway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond repute

Next was a good week for upgrades, first week of July I upgraded my stock transmission mount for a Z1 poly mount, installed a TWM shortshifter, 2 more pieces of Evo R CF trim (radio surround and shifter surround) added a Kenwood double din with nav (dnx573s), changed out all the audio wiring for upgraded wires and changed all interior speakers for JL Audio C2 speakers. (Tweeters, Doors, and rears) added a rear view camera, and I topped it all off with a genuine Tommy Kaira Hebi Bebi shift knob.

Z1 Poly Trans Mount review:
I love this mod! Added little to no NVH, as far as vibration. The shifter does vibrate just a little more in neutral. Not a lot though, could just be in my head.It did add an aggressive growl under acceleration though. That’s the only way I can describe it. I love the sound but some may not. However I got used to it in just a couple of days and don’t really notice it anymore. The tranny shifts are so much smoother now! Highly recommend this mod. Cheap and easy to install.

TWM Short Throw Shifter review
This part I actually had on the G without a trans mount. Makes shifts much shorter, and the bearings give the shifts a nice crisp feel. Best short shifter I’ve had in any car. Previously I’ve had both DC and B&M. The TWM is just lore solid and more predictable.

Kenwood dnx573s review:
Sound quality is good, features are great and abundant, more than I use. I chose this model as it was a little cheaper and had a volume knob instead of buttons, and thought I would prefer the knob over the slightly bigger screen. I think I would prefer the bigger screen looking back... also the contrast/backlight isn’t that great in the sunlight. It’s a little harder to see at times than I’d like. Maybe if I had darker tint and an eyebrow on the car that would help. Still a really good deck though, that’s the only draw back... Oh, that and the stupid pop up you have to click okay on while you’re driving that warns you not to press buttons while driving.

JL Audio C2 Speaker review:
So clean! So crisp! The vocals on these speakers are so clear! I’ve usually gone with Rockford Fosgate punch series before but these blow those speakers away! They’re also louder than I really could want. So no need to upgrade. Super happy with the sound quality of these speakers.

Rear View Camera review:
I was super skeptical because this camera was so cheap and thought it was going to be crap. But the G has me spoiled and I had to have one. So I figured screw it, I’ll take a chance. Man was I surprised, it’s not quite as good at night as oem, but definitely usable and not as bad as I thought it would be. And during the day I swear it’s more clear than oem. The only thing is the driving lines don’t turn with the wheel, but hell, this thing was CHEAP.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J2..._t1_B06XQ1VBSL - Only $13 bucks!

Tommy Kaira Hebi Bebi Shift Knob review:
Best shift knob hands down. Period. Weight makes shifting even easier, perfect size and shape. And it is beautiful. And yes, I did get the turtle straight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6D15545B-489E-4E3C-86B2-2D2362407055.jpg (286.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Sway; 03-25-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote