View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 12:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer099 View Post
$30k for the long block? $100k for the full engine? That government prices and $1000 an hour labor rate?

$30k for that setup, at most. V6 shaftless ITBs are only around $4-5k. Custom crank, dry sump setup, rods and pistons: maybe around $9-10k. Heads are not super special, just custom/rare cams and $3-4k in head work. Custom headers maybe around $2500, if even. Maybe $2k in fasteners, bearings, and fluids. Hell, even if he went special coatings/treatment on high-wear parts it just adds around $3k max. Presuming he didn't lift a finger to do any of the work to save money I would be pressed to say that engine cost $30k even. The dyno time and engine management would be a ticket item, good thing he does his own tuning.

That's the engine, so long block plus auxiliary maybe $30k, not the entire car setup.
Why don't you go have all that work done and then tell us how much it costs. I know how much I have in my engine build. It's not cheap.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote