View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
SPDKING
Base Member

Drives: 14' Nissan 370Z SP
SPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
I bought my z new so it wouldn't need to be smogged for a few more years if I still had it. With all the mods I had done they wouldn't have needed to look under it to tell that it wasn't legal. I have a 1999 Eclipse that actually requires the sniffer test. It has a catback, cai and msd coil. The cai and msd coil both need carb certification and I have stickers for both. When I take it in for testing, not once have any of the places I've taken it to looked under the car. They asked for the carb stickers, stuck the probe in the exhaust tailpipe and hooked up their obd 2 tester and that was it. I'm in the Redondo Beach/Torrance area.
Yeah I'm out in Santa Monica, so then I can pass, just take it to a different smog place is what you're saying?
SPDKING is offline   Reply With Quote