View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
StormWhite
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Coupe
StormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post

I am guessing its my use of the term "Auto Up" or perhaps you guys never physically open the car windows.

I am not referring to the auto up when you close the door but instead the act of closing the window when you are sat in your seat with the door shut.

The drivers side door card has two window switches. If you push the switch all the way down on the drivers side switch the window automatically goes all the way down even if you take your finger off the switch. When you raise the switch it closes the window - First position allows you to halt the closing but if you lift it up to the second position it automatically closes all the way up This is what I mean by "Auto Up".

However if you do the same with the drivers side passenger window switch you will find that it does not have a second position for automatically closing the window. You physically have to wait until the window has closed before you can release the switch.

This lack of of auto closing is also apparent on the passenger door card window switch. You have to wait until the window is fully closed before you can release the switch.

So in essence this is not about resetting the windows its all about removing the physical resriction on both passenger window switches that physically prevents the switch going to the second auto closing position.

I asked if anyone has ever posted a solution because the answer is so simple and requires only 10 minutes and a modelling knife.

Last edited by StormWhite; 03-24-2019 at 09:37 AM.
StormWhite is offline   Reply With Quote