View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 01:31 PM   #63 (permalink)
cavemancan
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z TourSport MT
cavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
DSP is the wrong term to use here. Every head unit will have a DSP of some kind and they will have various features. Some manufacturers marketing material will include a blurb about the DSP chip they use.

What I think you are trying to ask about is processing features. Things like time alignment, equalizer, or crossover capability.

These are things you can find in some headunits, some amps, and some stand alone processors. You need to decide which features are important to you, and make sure something in your equipment list has it.

Another thing to consider is how much adjustment you will need in any particular feature (like EQ bands and levels), and how much you intend on tinkering with it. If it's something you are going to **** around with a lot, its much easier to push buttons on your head unit while in your primary listening position than it is to pop 5 interior panels to get to your amp.
After thinking about this more and doing some more reading I think you nailed it with this comment.

Personally I would like to see a head unit with a 15 band EQ and 4 volt preouts. If there was a way to get the 15 band EQ on the Atoto a6 with gesture controls I will buy it right now since it already has 4 volts according to the manufacturer.