View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 12:03 PM   #827 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whjaxn17 View Post
Nothing to offer in the boost conversation, but I can certainly attest to the C2 cams making some real noise. It's nothing like a Hemi/LS big cam chop, but the car definitely sounds different at idle, especially on my E85 map. Driving is no different if you're just putt-putting around town, but about 3,500 they start to sneak in there and then by 4k, they certainly make their presence known. Could be like hearing the intake growl before putting exhaust on, though. I don't have the whistles and whooshy noises to cover the cam sound up.
I don't know what to say. Mine just dont sound all lopey to me at all. The C1s in Matts car don't either. What I was talking about is the chatter they make in the valvetrain. It's definitely more than stock but the C1s are noisier to my VA disability ears anyway. I'll upload an idle clip to my YouTube.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote