View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
2SIC4U
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370Z R
2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarali View Post
Great detailed writeup.
what about converting non nav to nav? did you sell your nav unit? i will be interested to buy that and do a writeup for non nav to nav conversion
I still have the Nav unit but I would have to remove a ton of other wiring in the dash to allow for the opposite to be wired but from my understanding you would have to swap the entire cars wiring harness to do the conversion from non nav to nav. The nav is all digital and the non nav is analog. This is why you can swap the nav AC to non nav as you can swap the amp and add the wires but for the digital of the nav, it interacts with the cars PCM/ECU. IE, the nav can display other information about the car so trying to go from none nav to nav would be a lot of work and require finding the correct full car dash wiring harness.
2SIC4U is offline   Reply With Quote