View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Osiris
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Angry
Osiris will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Is this ... a street car or track car?

Because there's no way I'd burn either tire on street miles, they're not too expensive

Simplest solution is one set of wheels with a DD tires and a second set of tires for track

Were I to start tracking my car again, I'd grab some 18's with sticky rubber and 2 pc rotors and track pads, swap them on when I need to
Its a trackable street car that i will be taking to the track. And yes, that is my goal to have two sets of wheels, but i literally just spent a fortune building the car i will have to wait a bit before i can buy the 2nd set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
This is a bad idea. Mixing tire/tread compounds is dangerous. Your tires are the only thing between you and the road. That’s critical on any car, it’s 100x more critical on a high hp rwd car.

Different levels of grip front vs rear bc of different tires could affect abs in a panic stop situation let alone on the track.

In the rain, your rears will hydroplane before the fronts will, not safe.

Yes, tires are consumables, but they are your most critical safety item on your car along with the brakes.
Good points; the car will not see rain though, i try to avoid it. Do you think abs will have that much of an issue? RE71Rs don't have quite as much grip as the R888Rs, but they are not far off. If it were not for the wheel spin i get, i would probably just get a set of the RE71Rs. Honestly, i need a 11-12" wheel in the back in addition to the R888Rs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jv01jv01 View Post
Not to be rude if you can not afford proper tires for a modded car it may be time to sell the car and buy a more affordable car.
Its not that i can't afford them, i don't want to be changing them every 6-7k miles....want something that lasts a little longer. And i've never heard anyone say RE71R & R888R were not proper tires.

^^^^^^^^^Like our Facebook!^^^^^^^^^
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote