View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #2007 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
When I worked for Elliott. Everything was cover. Long as I had a receipt for the expense. Hell, we all had our own receipt books for when we didn't get one. Write our own receipts.

One job I went on. The customer service rep sold a repair job on a steam turbine, compressor combo. He never went to the job site to see it. He went off of old plans for when we first built it. We get to the job site expecting this equipment is out in the open as the old plans say. Well........the company had built a little building for the equipment. It just covered it. It was so tight inside that you could barely walk around or climb over it without hitting you head. It was bad. I'm the foreman on the job. So I called the office and said that the roof has to come off for us to do the job. Manager said do what it takes to do the job. It's a parts and labor contract. Well............I rented a crane and crane operator, and put it on my company credit card. All $20,000 worth. So we took the roof off the building to do the job. Man............did I catch chit when I got back. We got the job done in time too.
lol...biggest single thing I expensed was a manlift, but that was just for a couple days.. My biggest expense report was when I did extra work for the company. They had asked me if I could help out in socal to open up a new site for a month or two. Said I could come home every weekend on the companys dime. That month turned to two, to three to four months. By this time, they had hired someone to do my job in the bay area. My boss came to me one day and said... "dude, you see the writing on the wall? Theyre gonna ask you if you would 'like' to transfer to socal. They already have someone doing your job.. you know what choices you have!" If I remember, my expense came out to just over 35k (hotel, car, food airfare to come home on the weekends for 4 months), plus they gave me 4k for moving expenses, and I got a 10k raise/promotion for transferring. My sisters family lived in socal so it all worked out. Just wish they wouldve told me sooner that I would be transferred so I couldve moved out of my apartment sooner, couldve made more money.
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace
bunk is offline   Reply With Quote