View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanker View Post
Good luck. My steering lock module recently failed on a 2011, and I raised hell with Nissan USA. It refused to warranty the faulty part -- even though I agreed to pay the labor. The experience really soured me on Nissan. The same part was recalled in the Maxima and Altimas, and Canada and Austrialia ordered a national recall in the early model Zs.
Not quite correct. There were several iterations of the ESCL (revisions A-D). Rev D finally went into early 2011 Z models and the previous versions were all recalled. Of course, there were reports of numerous Rev D failings even before the recall was issued. In 2012, they finally removed the ESCL entirely. But the fact remains that the Rev D version is still out there (it was the versions used in all recalls) and known to fail. Best bet if it fails is to bang on it while trying to start the car - it has worked for a number of forum members. Once the car starts, then you can remove the fuse or cut the wire to disable it permanently.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 03-13-2019 at 08:56 PM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote