Thread: Please help !
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
I brought my Z into the shop and performed a under hood and under vehicle inspection. Check and corrected all of the fluids including each cell for the battery. Set tire pressure to specification and changed my oil and drained and filled my cooling system. I also changed my engine air filters and my cabin filter. I used all OEM fluids and parts.

For those of you that are nervous about getting air in the cooling system, don't be. Once you close the drain valve, open the air bleed plug/valve on the left top corner of the radiator. Slowly fill the radiator until coolant starts to come out of the air bleed plug/valve. Then, install the plug and continue to fill the radiator until coolant is above the upper hose where the radiator cap is. Install the radiator cap. Also ensure the coolant bottle is filled between the minimum and maximum lines.

Start the car with the coolant bottle cap off. Let the car run until operating temperature is achieved and make sure your fans come on and that your thermostat opens up by feeling the lower hose. Install your coolant reservoir cap after making sure the coolant bottle is filled within specification. Drive your vehicle for a few miles and then come back and check your coolant reservoir and add coolant as needed.

I will drain and fill my coolant when I do my next two oil changes. This should get out all of the old coolant from the system. My Z is at 50K miles. I bought her brand new. I will be also installing new PCV valves and spark plugs when I change my oil next time as well. Maintenance is the key.
Here is a post from the On Topic thread that may be useful.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote