View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 02:07 PM   #1475 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
where's all the IT nerds at in here?

dropping comcast finally and switching to gigabit fiber.

need some suggestions on good gaming routers that can actually use the 1000mbps speed that i will now have. xbox will be hard wired and phone/laptop will be wifi. was trying to stay like $300 as my ceiling but not a total deal breaker if over.

I have gigafiber and it never delivers 1000mbps. It all depends on how close to the box you are. My old townhouse I was literally 50yards from the box and I’d get 800mbps+ hardwired and 6-700mbps WiFi. The new house we are probably 3-4X that far and I get 3-350mbps WiFi. Haven’t confirmed hardwired because I don’t have a direct port open to plug the laptop into.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote