View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #76 (permalink)
JB1
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z sold
JB1 has a spectacular aura aboutJB1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeatherman View Post
But AK was movin' though! Mine does that too just to keep the revs up enough so if you select a lower gear, it doesn't have to rev so dramatically. I'm trying to think... Doesn't it shut itsself off/let the RPM drop if you leave your shifter in the same spot, outside of any gate, without motion after a few seconds? I'm just asking. It's like the car saying, "Okay, no gear selected rev matching? I'm going to leave you idle in neutral." Just a question. Not a fault. My SRM works/(worked ) perfectly everytime!
After reading this thread, I tried the "put the shifter in neutral" while driving, and your right Weatherman, the revs go up as in AK's video but they drop after a few seconds. So it's like SRM is concluding "OK, your not going to continue shifting into a lower gear, no need to keep the revs up" I tried it in 6th, going about 60~70MPH. Shift to neutral and RPM's go up to about 4K RPM, so perfect for a shift to 4th, but too high for a shift to 5th, which is kinda strange I think.

However, non of this explain what happened to The Weathermans car. I sure hope it's not something like what Toyota is dealing with now...

Here's the Toyota problem explained (this is also interesting for all of you who want to know how our electronic throttle pedal works)

UPDATED: Video: In-depth look at Toyota's sticky accelerator — Autoblog
Black Fangs // Black rear Valance // Berk CBE // COBB post MAF tubes // K&N drop in filters // Setrab Oil Cooler // Stillen Sway bars // Z1 SS brake lines // Stillen brake cooling kit // Harness bar //
JB1 is offline   Reply With Quote