View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 07:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
URBiN~HURMiT
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6MT
URBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Wait what? Blew your motor? Test mule?
yep ... long story short ... when dealing with AAM be very wary and keep a tight hold on to your wallet. Check their invoices for double billing and made up charges.

They congratulated me when they let me know I was 'selected' to be a part of their sponsorship program --- tho' when I read the agreement/contract after the fact I realized that they had taken over complete control of my car.
To qualify for that 20% discount on parts I had to agree to supply them with professional photographs of my car - I had to advertise their shop at car shows and at the race track - and I had to allow them use of my car as they saw fit - including testing new products.
Failure to do so they could go back and charge me for the discounts I had received from them. By the way - their prices are marked up substantially from the start to begin with.
Think about it.

They used my car as a test mule to develop their Stage II turbos, their Intake Manifold, and their Twin Fuel Pump.
They had my car on the Dyno for 3 months . eventually blowing the motor.
after which the sent me a bill for $5000 + to do a Leak down Test and remove the heads to check the piston rings.
NOPE

Their Stage II Turbo's smoke excessively and the IWG's don't work will with the EcuTEK Tuning software (Boost Spikes)
MA-Motorsports installed External Waste Gates in order to correct the boost spikes and had to install a scavenge pump to correct the turbo smoke - the side effect of this was that the $6000 (yes, $6000) AAM Flex Fuel install and Tune was now trashed - kaput - useless - a huge waste of time and money.
Their Twin Fuel Pump is too complicated to work reliably (I had to replace it with the Twin Fuel Pumps from CJM Motorsports (PHUNK)
Their Intake Manifold does work acceptably but it is a compromised design in my opinion.

This is just the tip of the iceberg concerning my 2 year never ending build and horror show experience with AAM.
I was a CA$H COW.
They dangled me from the yardarm for 2 years and although they promised the world - they didn't deliver.
MA-Motorsports had to undo their work and start from scratch.