View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Automatic transmissions have probably finally become easier and cheaper to make than manuals
Actually the 7A transmissions in our Z’s are more expensive to manufacture than the 6MT transmissions but, with 7A transmissions you have the luxury of having a automatic transmission in your Z. Everyone is different some perfer the 7A transmission and some perfer the 6MT transmission in the Z it’s up to you. For 2019 you have to get a coupe in order to have a 6MT transmission from Nissan I don’t really know what Nissan’s reasoning behind only offering a 7A transmission in the 2019 Roadster Z I know it’s not cost because the 7A transmission not only cost more to manufacture but, they are more expensive to purchase from vendors comparing to the 6MT transmission. If you search and shop around Genuine Nissan OEM top replacements are not that expensive it’s really the labor and plus the cost for any extra parts is what shops and the Nissan dealership service departments charge the most for I guess it’s part of really wanting to owning a convertible “Roadster” Z. One major reason the hydraulics and motor fail is because Roadster Z owners never change their Genuine Nissan hydraulic fluid ever.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote