View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 01:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

There are no chargers for every other EV car except Tesla, they can do it because they spent the money to build a network. With the exception of North Dakota, I think Tesla has a station within 200 miles of every interstate travel. You can see the latest map.

https://www.tesla.com/findus?v=2&sea...charger&zoom=6

Car will certain lose range in cold winter, but 100 miles is still a lot for normal folks. One of my EV car does 50 miles, it makes it to and from work everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I drive cross country a lot with my motorhome. Mostly on Interstate 70 , 80 and 90/94. I tell you this. You can't drive a EV across the country. As there is NO charging stations within 200 miles of one another on the interstates. The charging stations are in the bigger cities and towns. You get out in the midwest. Have fun walking.

And I just read an article about EV's and the weather. This last cold spell killed the batteries in them. When the temps get down to zero. They lose their charge quickly. The mileage goes from 200 to less then 100. Depending on how cold it gets. When the temps dropped to -10F and less. Forget about driving. On the flip side. The batteries don't like temps over 100F either. Higher the temp, less mileage per charge. Part of the problem is in those two temps. The HVAC has to work harder to keep you happy. But at the same time drains the battery that much faster.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote