View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Capncorroded
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370 Nismo
Capncorroded is on a distinguished road
Default P0302 Cylinder Misfire

Hey everyone, trying to track down a p0302 Cylinder #2 misfire

2016 Nismo with 6900 miles on it. No mods.

Battery was low, so i removed the battery to charge it. When I reinstalled and started the car up it started misfiring with the mystical p0300, but a more dedicated p0302. Doesn't make sense.

Here is what I know:
I have already been through the basics.
No visible loose/disconnect connectors
MAFs are clean
02 sensor voltages in range
Injectors are good - not a fuel issue
Plugs are all new
Coil packs are good - code does not move to another cylinder when swapped
Visually verified #2 is not sparking by removing coil pack, grounding the plug, and watching for spark. Tried same coil and plug grounded on other cylinders, and can see spark.

Cylinder #2 is def not getting signal to spark.

I started going through the diagnostic procedures in the FSM for this code. Verified 12v constant and good ground at harness for coil.
Verified continuity between ECM and signal wire on harness

One part in the FSM says to test condenser (connector f8). I was pointed by someone on facebook that its the little sensor on AC condenser, which I do not believe, it makes no sense to have an AC sensor in the ignition circuit. Also, its not even the same colors/2 wire plug the FSM shows. I do know what an electrical condenser is, but I cannot for the life of me find where this hidden to test it. It does show it in the ignition coil circuit diagram, but I would think this would affect all cylinders, but I may be wrong.

Short of the tests done with Nissan Consult which I don't have- majority of the FSM procedures test ok, except for the things I can't physically locate.

The car still has warranty, and I know it will be covered, but the closest *good* dealer is quite a hike, and we still have a bunch of snow in my area. I would like to avoid a tow to the dealer if possible if its something stupid I may be missing. Its more of a pride thing now, and I just want to figure this out because warranties don't last forever.

Anyone have experience with this?

Last edited by Capncorroded; 03-07-2019 at 10:48 PM.
Capncorroded is offline   Reply With Quote