View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 05:13 PM   #474 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

I think to be safe, I am going to just keep the car sitting in the garage until it is time to bring it to Sebastian 4 months from now. The P2A03 code is annoying, and I just had a smoke test done today to see if there was any leaks from the engine bay ... nothing was found other than smoke coming from the air filter of the supercharger, lol which is normal since everything leading to there was closed and sealed off. So that eliminates a boost leak I would assume, which leads me to believe either the belt is slipping (hard to believe cuz the belt seems tighter than a stock car belt since Eugene wrapped it around very well, and even wraps around most of the crank pulley.

I am going to save up every penny possible until then so I can have enough funds to fix every remaining issue found that needs fixing.

He told me he is going to be out of town the week I wanted to drop off the car but we can still schedule it for that time for me to bring it in (Week of June 27th) so I asked him if I could bring it in the week after when he comes back, since I told him I want him to be working on my car. Unless he is okay with me bringing it in the week of June 27 and then him working on the car when he returns? Going to wait on his reply for that.

The way I will transport the car from my house to his house? Not sure.
Either I will pay a shipping company to flat bed it all 363 miles, or I will call AAA and have them tow it three times (100 miles each tow) after I drive it out about 70 miles from my house toward that address then having AAA tow it three different times which would be a hassle but would get the job done. Then I'd take a train back or fly back home, until he is completely done with the car and then fly back down there to pick it up and drive it back home, worry-free.

If all goes well and as financially planned, I should have 4500 - 4900 saved up to pay Sebastian. I hope this will be enough to fix all the issues. We'll see.

And if after getting it back, something else goes critically wrong, I am thinking to just sell the entire car to someone else lol, for like 20k or something. And buy a different vehicle, keep that stock, and only modify cosmetics. I'm thinking a Lotus Evora or something!

I hope it doesn't get to that point, I don't want to do that but that is my backup plan in case all else fails. Need a backup plan! And that's mine, lol.

Other than that, I won't be doing anymore updates for the next 3 - 4 months until it is in Sebastian's hands.

I will also let you guys know when I am going down there in case any of you want to see this infamous problematic dirty of an engine bay car, lol.

Thanks <3