Thread: HID Bulb Change
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
abakja1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: STI, MDX, Titan
abakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default HID Bulb Change

I thought I had made a post yesterday, but checked online today to not find it here..so here is my post again..Now may be a good time to put in the LED parking light since you'' have access.

I swapped in 5000k bulbs yesterday and instructions are to turn your front wheel to full lock to the inside on the headlight you are going to work on. I found for myself that I couldnt get enough space to get my hands and arms in there. Im on stock ride height, but have wider front Volk rims at 9.5" and with 255 tires...I had to take of my front wheels, but I swapped in black McGard Splinedrives in anyways..

Here are the instructions:

1. If you want more work room, take off your wheel/tire.
2. Remove the 3 Screw Pop plugs on the inner fender, on the inside and at the top and fold back liner..
4. You'll see the grey plastic access cover to HID. Twist to turn take off.
5. The first thing you'll see is the silver plug with the silver mesh that is on the D2S bulb, twist off to take off and put aside.
6. Finally you can see the bulb held in place by a spring clip.
7. Push clip towards the bulb and push down to open on one side and repeat for the other side.
8. Lift clip upwards away and pull bulb out carefully and set aside to save if you want to go oem someday.
9. Installation is the reverse of everything and you may want to put in your LED parking bulbs at this time since you're working on it.

PICS:

Pics of 3 Pop Clips I took off:

Room to work and liner pulled back:

Bulb access with grey cover taken off:

Twist off silver cap off bulb base:

Silver cap off and bulb revealed:

Push one end of spring back and then towards the bulb to release, same for other side:

At this point, you can lift the spring upwards to release and pull the bulb out. Careful not to touch the glass and store and save for another day.
installation is the reverse, Good luck!

Last edited by abakja1; 01-31-2010 at 05:51 PM.
abakja1 is offline   Reply With Quote