View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 03:15 PM   #595 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
No he's right at the age where it becomes more apparent because children with autism fall behind on development. There's no medical test to diagnose, just observation over time.
The problem is that every kid learns at different speeds and in different ways. The 'medical community' (and I use that term loosely) doesn't like it when a kid doesn't 'conform to the norms'. Their response is 'he must be autistic'. My response is generally 'hogwash'...

I have a grandson that is 5 and they are putting him in the first grade because he has mastered what is taught in kindergarten, and he needs a challenge. The school thought he had ADHD, nope, the kid's borderline genius and is bored with mundane stuff once he masters it.

Don't let them stuff your kiddo in a box, find what works for him and run with it. It seems to me that docs have become sales reps for Big Pharma and aren't really interested in helping people get well. Always remember it's called 'practice of medicine' for a reason....