View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 03:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Alright folks time for full disclosure amongst the wolves.
After forwarding the run files to Seb it was definitive that there was wheel slip on every run. Surprisingly the highest amount of slip was on Run 1 at 10psi. Seb recommended that the runs be made in 5th gear and not 4th and also to use VHT on the drums to mitigate slip.
The wrench in my whole situation is another "Why me god" circumstance. During the completion of the longblock I admittedly broke a cardinal rule of VQ or any build for that matter. I allowed someone unfamiliar with our platforms to perform the work. What that led to is during the course of install when the VVEL solenoids were swapped over the installer basically did a scientific wild *** guess as to the synchronization of the solenoids. That problem is almost impossible to tell when the car is running but very evident on start. When I realized it I was disgusted but pushed through with tuning. Seb tried to work it out through the tune but it's still there in the form of very hard starting and catching a start on the first try is like hitting the lottery. This will be fixed soon as I've found a connection with the Consult needed to remedy.
I modeled my build on Diabels but left out a few things which I'll be changing to. First I have the 1.15ar housing which will be going to 1.32 and secondly I want to bump the downpipe to 3.5 from 3". At that point with the corrections the car will definitely be where it should.
So here are what you all really want.
On a side note: The car hit a max boost of 18.3 on the dyno , the only times it's gone to the 20psi in map 4 is on street pulls. Elmo got a taste of 20psi , with a peak of 21.4 .
Ok......graphs , discussions and slaps on the head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190301_124607.jpg (661.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 20190226_104420.jpg (752.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 20190226_104408.jpg (730.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 20190226_104356.jpg (715.1 KB, 58 views)
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote