View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
mini_cal
Base Member

Drives: 19 370Z Heritage
mini_cal is on a distinguished road
Default Driver Door Lock Jamming/Freezing

I've seen a couple threads posted on this issue but didn't want to resurrect old threads.

I started having this issue recently, which is weird because it didn't happen in the -30°C weather this winter. I had gone for a car wash and parked my car. The next morning my driver's side door lock wouldn't unlock, therefore the handle would not engage.

I read that water can get into the door and jam up the mechanism. Crawled through and drove the car a bit, the lock loosened up and I was able to unlock my door, although it felt a bit rough.

Next morning, lock was frozen again. Did the same thing. Happened a few more times, which is annoying so I parked it in my girlfriend's garage for 2 days to let everything melt that needed to. Picked up my car, door was fine. Parked it outside last night and once again, the lock is jammed up.

Called the dealer to make an appointment to get it looked at, but they are giving me that wishy washy verbage on whether or not this is covered by warranty. This is a 2019 Z I bought new from the dealer.

Is it even worth taking to them? Any chance of something actually broken?
mini_cal is offline   Reply With Quote