View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts3 View Post
Let me know if you want to collaborate at all, and if you're willing to publish what you've found many people will be grateful
Thanks! And defiantly. I started with the Niscan project and rewrote to support the dial module. It was a well written project and a great starting point. I then reverse engineered the dial module protocol and interfaced it. I am using the MCP2515 CAN controller in conjunction with the MCP2551 CAN transceiver via an Atmel 328P (Arduino) to translate the interfaces.

I fully plan on releasing the code fork as a spin-off project as well as the PCB to the community. I just wanted to tie up some loose ends and finalize some stuff first to make it a proper initial release.

One additional thing that I wanted to workout was to provide a way that the translator can communicate the CAN state with a UI app that could be run on a tablet, or android based entertainment system. Something that was an overlay on the screen on the bottom or something that provided the state of the AC system graphically, similarly to how the stock system did it. I think that would be slick. The protocol could be standardized and anyone with app building experience could write UI's for it. Something like that. The original project sent serial control and status to an app, so I think I will start there.
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote