View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Navi Delete - Simplified

I did it!!!

Well, almost. There is still more work to be done, but I have successfully integrated the Base model AC dial control module to operate the CAN based AC Amp system in the Navi models. The dial module communicates requests to the control translator system I am working on, which in turn sends those requests to the CAN AC Amp. The AC state is monitored and converted back to the dial controller to update the status LED's and whatnot. There are a few qirks to work out, like dealing with the Auto option on both the Fan and Mode dials... and just making sure that it operates everything just like my CAN AC controller. Lets just say that I have removed navi electronics more times that I can count...

I plan to use this to "plug-n-play" swap out my stock navi system for aftermarket without the invasive process the current method requires to the cars wiring. In the video, the Navi system is fully removed and the translator is simply plugged into the OBDII port to access the CAN. There is no other interface to the car. The PCB I am working on will access the CAN from the connector that went to the stock head unit. Next step is to develop a PCB!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-dMO8ove7c

Last edited by radensb; 03-03-2019 at 04:01 PM.
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote