View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oil pressure more important than temperature?

I'm in the process of the tripple gauge swap. I've shredded the tripple gauge but due to an issue Im having I was only able to install on of the Defi gauges right away (the other two will go in soon). I chose oil pressure so I'm current without an oil temp gauge. It's cold here right now, so the oil takes a long time to reach what most here are calling the min. acceptable temperature. I always assumed that basing this on temperature was because we don't have an oil pressure gauge, and we're using temperature to estimate pressure. I'm noticing that when I cold start my pressure is between 90-100, but the pressure drops to a more acceptable level long before the oil comes up to temp. With a pressure gauge is there any reason to be overly concerned with oil temp for cold starts? (NOT talking about track use here). I'm thinking that as long as the pressure is ok, the oil is fine being a little colder than most people like.
dts3 is offline   Reply With Quote