View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 07:32 PM   #2712 (permalink)
BADSpawn
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370Z Touring
BADSpawn is on a distinguished road

Chin Track Days at Virginia International Raceway - and had to call it a day after coming to a stop on the track. No fun. Cancelled tomorrow's track day as a result.

My '13 370Z Touring - 30K, bone stock and well maintained - had the following problem(s?).

After 3 laps (not competitive, in a training session) the accelerator pedal went "dead" and produced no acceleration. The motor was still running until it came to a stop and then it stalled and would not refire - until it sat for about 5 minutes when it would restart and drive normally.

Good readings on water and oil temp, no warning lights or messages.

Has it scanned by race mechanics and there were no codes. What they did find was the left side air box apparently had a squirrel nest starting in it - it was crammed with leaves and and things and the face of the filter seemed to have bite marks on it but was otherwise intact. It was enough to block the face of the filter entirely so everybody said "fixed".

After a street test dive we took it back on track and it did the exact same thing. After several laps it lost acceleration, stopped, stalled and would not fire (turned over well) and then restarted after being towed off (less than five minutes). We called it a day and it acted normally on a non-stop three hour interstate drive home without any problem whatsoever.

Right now I am mystified. My research is just beginning but anyone that can comment would be appreciated!
BADSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote