View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #64 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn_b View Post
Warning!!

I almost lost my Z tonight due to a fire. With the aam kit, you have to remove the plastic harness around the starter motor cable, for the cable to be more flexible and move around the compressor housing.

When fitting the transmission and fiddling the starter motor into position tonight, the rubber protection sleeve around the starter motor cable rubbed against the turbo compressor housing, causing a shortcut in the system. All of a sudden I noticed smoke from the engine bay, and luckily we could act fast and disconnect the ground cable on the battery. If we kept working underneath the car.. it might had been too late to save the car.

So, advice is to very well check your clearance and add extra protection..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Holy chit! Glad you and the car are OK!
madwi is offline   Reply With Quote