View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
infernous428
Base Member

Drives: '16 370z Nismo Tech
infernous428 is on a distinguished road
Default Need some help diagnosing a problem with my car

2016 370z Nismo here-

A few weeks ago I hit a sizeable pothole pretty hard (at least 40-50mph), and I believe it was during a lane change so the front wheels were probably not completely straight when I hit the pothole.

Immediately afterwards I could feel a difference in the steering. I don't know how to describe it but the steering didn't feel as sharp and tight as it always did.

Also, I was pretty sure I had messed up the alignment or something, because the car wouldn't drive straight anymore when I hold the wheel at dead center position. If I hold the wheel firmly centered, the car would veer left. I would have to hold the wheel slightly right and then it will drive straight.

I took the car to the Nissan dealership, and they said there is no damage, and they will perform an alignment to see if it fixes it. After which I noticed the effect got flipped. Now the car veers right, and I took it right back saying that the issue didn't get resolved. they did a realignment again and said that it is exactly to Nissan's 2016 Nimso specs and said the alignment is perfectly fine, and i was left with that.

As of right now, the car doesn't go straight when I hold the wheel in the center position. If I hold the wheel slightly left, only then it drives straight. If i Hold wheel centered, it will immediately veers off sharp right.

What can the issue be? They say wheel and alignment is fine. They said there is no physical damage to the suspension components, and the alignment is good to spec. But my steering isn't centered properly. Any advice on how to fix this? Maybe its an issue with the steering rack? I really have no clue. It's bothering me, feels really weird to have to keep the wheel steered slightly left to drive straight.

Thank you. Any help is appreciated.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
infernous428 is offline   Reply With Quote