View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
OxZed
Base Member

Drives: 2017 Nissan 370Z SPT
OxZed is on a distinguished road

Well, my 2017 370Z has a rebuilt title. I've owned several vehicles with rebuilt titles & never had an issue other than more $$ in my pocket. With my Z, I bought it personally from Copart w/ only 1500 miles on it … the car was basically brand new; and, it looks & drives as brand new now with just over 3500 miles on it.

Like others said, you need to know the salvage history … "why" it was. They don't write them off for just any reason. After knowing that, you need to understand how it was repaired. If you're satisfied with the knowledge of both those points (assuming one has the ability to understand both points), then go for it if it'll save you cash!

In my case, my Z was vandalized - passenger seat was set on fire. It was marked flood because water was used to extinguish the fire. The burn was not bad, but soot covered the interior, the smell, & there was some secondary heat damage on other interior parts. I purchased a donor Z that was hit hard in the front - same year, color, miles, etc. Between the donor & some new parts, I swapped the entire interior. Now, you'd never know unless I told it - it even smells new inside.
OxZed is offline   Reply With Quote