View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 06:44 PM   #309 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna-F1 View Post
Not sure which parts you are referring to. I’m just interested in the air filter relocation. Here is a link to someone who did something similar with a 3-D printer but hacked away a lot more at the radiator support. The one above just uses the existing hole although it too may have been enlarged. Topz mentioned the 3D printed version would pick up some horsepower for sure. How much is not known, and probably becomes more useful as you approach the 550 to 600 power levels. SOHO seems to only publish dyno sheets of air to air supercharger kits that use a turbo guard. Why? There is some benefit but even they are saying they don’t know how much. Personally I find it strange, that a reputable shop would remove an air filter with no idea of the benefits of doing so.

Topgunz - air to air upgrade
Sorry Senna, haven't been on for a few days. Anyway, I was referring to whether or not the VHR manifold and added piping made a noticeable increase in power over the Stillen manifold, or if it was just for looks.

In regards to bullitts numbers, I'm wondering if it was actually the manifold or relocated filter that made the difference in power. I remember when redondoaveb (sp? sorry bro lol) posted dynos with the sandwich filter and with the turboguard and he made similar jumps in power so who knows what the actual difference maker is, the filter or the manifold?
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote