View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 08:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Its called tramlining and the Z is known for that. Wider tires will tend to have this effect.
Make sure your tires do not need changing (low tread) and that they are the same, or at least have the same tread pattern.

When I bought my Z, the dealer had put on some cheap rear tires (forgot the brand) and I had my OEM 9x18 wheels. The difference in the tread pattern caused my car to 'wobble'. It felt like you were driving in hurricane wind conditions. I got a new set of tires, and it drove fine with minimal tram lining. Also, get your alignment done!
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace

Last edited by bunk; 02-24-2019 at 08:12 AM.
bunk is offline   Reply With Quote