View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
kenney255
Base Member

Drives: 16 nissan 370z
kenney255 is on a distinguished road
Default ABS light on after caliper swap and car wont turn off

I decided to swap my base model calipers out for the akebonos and stainless brake lines. Everything went fine on the install so so i called it a night. The next day when i went out to bleed the brakes and after watching a youtube video the guy suggested disconnectiong the ABS module by the brake resivoir.
Proceeded to try a new vacume pump i just bought which worked like **** so i got my girlfriend to come out and pump the air out by pumping the brakes. After i was happy that the aair was bleed i plugged in the ABS module and started the car (car still on jacks no wheels on ). Car started no problem but i noticed the ABS light and traction light was on , Tried to turn the car off and it wouldnt turn off. I just dropped the clutch in first gear and stalled it to turn it off.

Anyone ever run into this problem? i havent sat the car down on tires yet and drove or tested out the brakes to see if their might be air in the lines.

I should also mentioned i just installed UpRev this summer and i should run the codes but im not home this week and the problems eating me up..... my babys sick lol . I also read if the battery isnt fully charged sometimes the car might not turn off? i only drive the car in the summer so the battery might be low.

Thanks
kenney255 is offline   Reply With Quote