View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 10:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
A couple of thoughts: 1) you will have to trim or replace the backing plates so the rotors will clear. 2) I would use this opportunity to replace the rubber lines with braided stainless and new bolts/crush washers. Never take short cuts when dealing with brakes.

Use a power bleeder, not that hand pump bleeder. It doesn't work that well.
I didn't trim my backing plates, but gave them a really cool looking mohawk.

For the fronts, we cut a bunch of notches into the backing plates then hammered them flat, then shot them with some Rust-O primer and black paint to keep them from rusting. On the rears, we did in fact trim them off completely.

I also purchased the $95 set of Z1 braided lines... And didn't use them. They sucked. No matter how we routed them and mounted the mounting tabs, they wanted to pull and bind up, and I just didn't feel comfortable running with them, so we just used the short banjo bolts on the stock "base" lines. I'll eventually swap them out for the "Premium" Z1 lines.

Lastly, the bleeder system I bought on Amazon and what they sent me was totally different, a.k.a. - Wrong! So we flushed and bled the brakes the old fashion way. Once done, the brakes on my Z feel a lot better than those on my brother's Sport Z of the same year, both 2016 models. A lot firmer and better stopping power.