View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 11:10 PM   #95 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

I am also curious if this sticky dash issues impact all Z's.....

I imagine the materials and processes are the same for all dash regardless of where they were produced. Unless some factories screwed up.

Again, I don't mind cleaning and applying the protectant as long as the dash doesn't crack....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
No idea, but my personal experience is with one a 09, and 2 x 2010 dashes. My research on this topic on other platforms seem to also point to the earlier 2000 periods also. But I can’t make any guarantee. Whatever the year, take extra caution if your car is a garage queen.

I must stress again, UV and heat aren’t the only thing that cause this. The extreme opposite can also lead to melting dash. Melting buttons happen on garage queen Ferrari’s and Porsche’s as well.

I currently have an 09 Z, 10 G, 11 FX (all the same platform). FX gets parked outside, takes a beating everyday, and no issue. Z becomes a garage queen 3 years ago, G gets driven a whole lot less in this same period (semi garage queen), both dashes started melting during their hibernations. All 3 cars have Covercraft screens, and parked in shades whenever possible.
nis350 is offline   Reply With Quote