View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 09:21 PM   #409 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
If they ground down the threads. IT'S NOT a shoulder bolt. The shoulder of the bolt is the same diameter as the threads. If they ground down the threads. It will be under sized. Bad idea! It's not a shoulder bolt. It's just a bolt with some threads removed. Any clown can do that.

Different images of shoulder bolts. The shoulder is the same diameter or larger then what the thread diameter is.

https://www.google.com/search?q=shou...w=1280&bih=578
Hmm okay. Maybe I will not ask them to do that then, haha you're right.
I guess I either need the specs of the shoulder on the bolts that fit the SC bracket and try to find it around either Fastenal or Ace Hardware.

Or... I will need to continue to pester and bother Stillen until I get the information I need.

It's so ridiculous how they only have ONE supercharger technician they rely on for the entire world for when people have SC inquiries regarding the Stillen SC products. At least that's what it seems like to me, every time I ask they always refer to Rob Moses as the technician. I mean it's cool they have one but ONLY ONE? It seems like that's a little too low for a company the size of what they are.

Grr.