View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 01:34 AM   #92 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
my car is always garage in socal where the temperature is quite mild.

Based on all my readings here, I have tried cleaning the dash with just water with a little soap. the dash would look quite nice and non-sticky, but after a month or so, the dash would turn a bit grayish on the surface, it almost felt like a film because it would turn a bit darker if I just wipe it with my hand.

I would clean it again with water and put a very light coat of meguiar natural vinyl protectant. The dash color would restore and looks really nice. However, after I drive the car under the sun for awhile, the surface started to turn oily and develop glare on the windshield, probably due to the heat.

I have recently repeated the process, but with the 303 vinyl protectant as you suggested. The temperature has been quite cold recently, so the dash still looks pretty good.

I am ok to repeat this process once a month as long as the dash doesn't crack.
Sadly the melting dash has no cure. Once it starts, nothing will reverse/stop the process. I had the same experience, freshly applied 303 won’t stop the dash from melting in warm and sunny days. The worst thing is the glare/reflection showing on the windshield (due to dash being shiny) actually blocking the driver’s vision.

Lol if driving in sunny+warm days, make sure the AC is on and must park in a shade.

It hurts my brain everytime I think about it.