View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jinxx
Track Member

Drives: 2017 nismo 370z
Jinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
Yeah, I'll do my best to figure something out.

The challenge is the sway bar, and the alternator. They take up a lot of valuable space in that area. So if I push the filter forward, I am not sure how much room I'll end up with. May need a custom filter (and I have made some inquiries about that as well).

The one thing that could potentially be gained from a different engine mount is that the oil filter could maybe stay in the OEM location. It would have to be pulled off for air filter servicing, but that isn't a big deal since it is replaced frequently enough.
I was thinking that the pipe could be ran just past the sway bar with a 90 bend and the filter would sit basically along side of the sway bar ....to change it would only require taking out the 4 bolts to the sway bar letting it drop down ,this would give access to change...also allowing the oil filter to stay in OEM location

Last edited by Jinxx; 02-18-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Jinxx is offline   Reply With Quote