View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
MotorvateDIY
Base Member

Drives: G37 Sport
MotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Motorvate Sneak Peek: "Ultimate Air Filter Flow Test"

Here is quick peek at some of the research being done for the upcoming episode: "Ultimate Air Filter Flow Test"
In this episode I will be measuring the air pressure at wide open throttle between the panel air filter and the MAF sensor.
-AND-
I will be data logging directly from the intake MAP sensor to capture the pressure inside the intake manifold.
(I can't use the OBD MAP PID since it is off by 6 KPa due to the analog multiplexer used by the ECU)

Sooooo, I needed to figure out the formula (aka transfer curve) of the factory MAP sensor.
I used a precision absolute pressure sensor with a known transfer curve, applied a common vacuum source and measured the voltage output at multiple pressures.
Once the weather warms up, the data collection will begin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Motorvate_Map-Tester.jpg (766.5 KB, 59 views)
MotorvateDIY is offline   Reply With Quote