View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #44 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn.... I cant even take a week to myself...

So let me address some of the items posted above:

RJM's Presence on the forums:
Bobby is the face of RJM and the one who answers the messages. However, he is also running a business and does not have the time to be on the forums. If you want contact with RJM Facebook is the best way to contact them or by phone or email.

Contact Info for RJM:
11576 Pyramid Dr. Odessa, Fl 33556

813-477-0947

Sales@rjmanufacturing.com

Since I had a hand in developing the kit and was a key contributor to the design, sourcing and testing of the product I have made it my best effort to be on here to answer any and all questions. Many of you know me personally and know that I am extremely up front and honest. It has given me a reputation and some people dont like it. Regardless I am here for the community and I am not an employee of RJM. I was not paid for my Design work I did it for the sake of the community and the experience.

So if you have any questions please point them to me. I know every inch of that kit including its capabilities and limitations.

The HOOD Options:
Right now there is only one option and that is to cut your hood. Some like it and some dont... There has been 3 shops that have been contracted to build a hood cowl over the last year... Each shop failing to produce a working prototype. This is especially frustrating to me since I designed the damn thing and its not hard to do. If you have a shop that can do this work let me know. This last shop is stating they will have something for us in March but its literally been pushed back so many times I lost count... If I have to take a week off of work to make one myself I will. If you think your frustrated you have no idea... We know that a Majority of kit buyers are not buying the kit because of the lack of a hood cowl.

Performance:
I hear a few people on here complaining about performance of this kit. None of them have bought the kit, rode in a car with the kit or even asked what the capabilities of the kit are.

RJM set a limit on the stage 1 kits (Pulley Size) for the initial offering because they knew guys would be putting these on stock block cars. RJM does offer any size pulley you want for power levels north of 800whp! the only thing you have to do is make sure you have the supporting mods. That means an upgraded block, Upgraded fuel pump option, Race Heat exchanger, upgraded trans... The RJM kit was designed specifically to let a customer buy the kit and run on the stock block and with little money upgrade it to support north of 800whp+ If you look at the guys who do the stillen kits they are spending $14k+ into their kits and upgrades of that kit to make it hit 700whp+. Now you can buy the whipple kit stage 1: $10.5k + $500 race heat exchanger upgrade and select a 17psi pulley free of charge... so for $11k your getting a more efficient setup with the ability to grow further than what people have already proven with a vortech based system can do for $14k+. Not only that the whipple kit has max TQ at 2600-5200 rpm!!! the Tq curve is damn flat!!! But what does this mean? Well a mid 500's whipple is going to walk that 600whp+ stillen kit every day of the week! Why? Power under the curve!

Now someone mentioned overheating... Why do you think RJM chose the 2.9L? It was chosen for the following reasons:
1. its ability to effortlessly scale power levels
2. its (Twin Screw not roots) efficiency is the highest of every supercharger on the market
3. in this application it is being purposefully under driven
4. its instant response and power delivery

The supercharger is purposefully being under driven to reduce heat soak. I can give you a perfect example. Last year prior to Zdayz debut the kit was onthe Carbon Z as a stage 1.5 (Race heat exchanger and larger injectors). I was there when the car was on the dyno in Florida on a 90*+ day and over 100% humidity and the car did pull after pull after pull for hours with little to no rest. All on a stock block and trans! the car was detuned to mid 500's and mid 400's on tq so the trans would not let go at zdayz. The whole time the car only experienced a 10* rise of iat over ambient temp!!!! That is ******* insane! for a twin screw to be that efficient and that cool on its intake charge temps is excellent! this all measured from a MAP sensor installed into the lower manifold post intercooler. There are a few customer reporting the exact same IAT performance in the real world. Additionally, most cars with this supercharger only see 14-17psi max... with a built block and trans we are able to push north of 28psi!!!!

So will the system overheat? we havent seen it yet...

REAL WORLD Data:
I for one want to see peoples dyno numbers as much as you do however a majority of the people on the group buy live up north and we all know they have taken a beating with the winter this year. Cars are up and running but they havent been on the dyno. As mentioned earlier most customers are on stock blocks and running a combination of 10-12psi pulleys.

Another reason Bobby and RJM havent been on here is because they are building an AWD G37 sedan for a customer with this kit for Drag racing. This is a massive build that has taken every free second of his time! From paint/bodywork to Roll cage fabrication and custom longtube headers. the coordination of this build has been a massive undertaking. not to mention bobby flew out and installed a majority of people's kits for FREE!

So while you guys may be antsy and have the perception that RJM ghosted people its far from the truth! Just ask any of the RJM customers who are running the kit. They get daily and weekly support even on nights and weekends!

Rest assured this kit will continue to outperform and be a rockstar. I get the hesitation to jump in. Just know that I am buying one myself and building another car in the near future. I have tested and driven a ton of miles on this kit... It is the real deal. I made sure it was designed right and would be a reliable solution.
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054

Last edited by bullitt5897; 02-15-2019 at 11:49 AM.