View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDKING View Post
How hard is it for a beginner to tune a Z with the ecutek programming kit? I have zero experience.
With no experience, the chances of you screwing up something are a lot higher.
And if you screw something up that lesson is gonna be expensive (probably in the form of a blown motor).

Not to mention the fact that in order to tune the Z yourself you have to be a Master Tuner licensed by Ecutek and you have to purchase the 370Z tuning suite in addition to the programming kit. It's not cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDKING View Post
I really want test pipes but I live in California and I was planning on swapping them out and retuning it myself (if I knew how to do it) every time I have to do emissions. Paying 300 every time I need to re-tune is a bit of a hassle.
You don't have to retune every time. You can get the programming kit and get a remote tune. Have your tuner provide a tune for the car with cats/hfcs installed and one with tps installed. That way you'll only pay for the retune once. Then you can just use the programming kit (cable) to swap the tunes on the car yourself whenever you change out the parts.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 02-14-2019 at 11:38 AM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote