View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 05:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
370zHawaii
Enthusiast Member

Drives: A Starship
370zHawaii is on a distinguished road
Default Rust in 2017 Engine Bay?

Anyone else experience this issue? I have rust around the strut towers. Both of them. I wash and dry thoroughly, hit 24k miles a week ago. I noticed it this past December when I was wiping down the engine bay, I don't use any products in the engine bay just old microfiber towels after washing the exterior only. Took it to Nissan and the service manager said its definitely covered under warranty and there should be no rust. They sent me to a repair shop to get a quote. The shop took pictures and what not. They also found small rust spots in the door jams. Didn't hear from Nissan for a month so I called and they sent me to Nissan of America and opened a case. Two weeks later NOA rep tells me "unfortunately due to weather conditions your car is not covered under warranty?" In those exact words.

Does this sound right? I do live in Florida and we see rain and humidity quite often. It is a 2017, daily driver, extremely well taken care of, purchased new In November of 2016, she only had a few miles on her. Just trying to understand why would Nissan sell a vehicle prone to rust within 2 years of ownership? Any feedback or options to resolve the rust would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
370zHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote