View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
DOOMMONKEY777
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 6psd-sport-pkg
DOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05 View Post
Lately my oil temps have been sky high despite having my 24 row oil cooler... Cruising with a buddy who also has a cooler, My temps were 20-40 degrees warmer than his at all times... I never was hardly ever getting over 220 after the cooler, regardless of the weather, and now I'm hitting 230-250 if I am driving aggressively and 220 on a hot day like today just cruising around ...

I have this 20mm thread Mocal 180 degree sandwich plate...
(MOC-SP1FT Mocal Sandwich Plate- 20mm Thread $86.95)

Can this fail ? I can think of no other reason why my oil temps are sky high.. Its basically like I have no cooler... I cant see anything else in the system that would cause it to not work... the cooler is just a housing for oil so I can not see how that could be malfunctioning.

I am also going to flip my cooler and have the fittings up top after reading about the possibility of it messing with my oil level readings.. With the lines down, I cant find the thread I read a few weeks back, it is possible that my oil reading on the dip stick could be wrong as my cooler empties than re-fills when engine starts.. I am not sure if that is the case, but regardless flipping it to fittings up top would make me more comfortable, so I need to get the bumper off and re do the lines and fittings...

Should I order another Thermostatic plate? Could this be my issue... I had asked someone and they told me they "can't fail" but I don't see how that is possible...

I purchased my cooler off of modshack himself, so he installed it around May 2009 so it is a few years old.

Thanks for any help!
First thing first check for codes, i am guessing you might have the engine build from 2009 to 2012 witch all have a weak galley gasket problem causing low oil flow and ultimately ENGINE FAILURE, most of the time there is no code, nissan ECU throws it after it drops below 2psi or near that, watch this vid to give you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1UnTHKkP3Q

Last edited by DOOMMONKEY777; 02-11-2019 at 11:23 AM.
DOOMMONKEY777 is offline   Reply With Quote