View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 06:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
gzw123
Base Member

Drives: 2019 370z sport
gzw123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
For you, no.

The difference between something in the sub $2000 range (Fortune, BC, Powertrix, etc) and something higher (AST, Aragosta, Ohlins, etc) is largely irrelevant for a total novice

Nothing is gonna change your track experience more than . . . track experience at this stage.

When you can maximize your car in its current state, then you can move to a higher level of suspension (or power)

For now, you should be focused on safety equipment and some basic wear items like pads and tires that get chewed up on the track over time

The japanese brands you are referencing are just that - exotic japanese brands. They aren't going to have any USA support. If something breaks, expect a long and difficult road to replacement.

Thats why i am recommending Fortune - they can rebuild it for you stateside. Ditto for Powertrix. I think BC does too. All these places can also do swift springs as an upgrade in whatever rate you want.

Before you throw money at big name parts you need to consider where you currently are experience-wise.

I will repeat:
The most important thing for you is seat time.
I'd also add that you should get seat time at a couple different tracks too

EDIT:

This used set of KW's looks pretty good too

KW Variant 3 coilovers, custom setup
Thank you so much! It is really helpful, I will do more practice in summer time!
gzw123 is offline   Reply With Quote