View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #25 (permalink)
Shoeshear
Base Member

Drives: '15 370z Sport MT
Shoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stvee View Post
Really? I've found the Z's steering to be pretty numb compared to my E46 M3. Also the suspension overall is very floaty compared to the M3. Maybe a set of Konis/Swift springs would fix this though. My suspension is all stock and probably on the original struts at 65k.
That's surprising. The steering felt pretty similar between the two for me, w/ the Z having a quicker ratio, maybe a hair more feedback in the Z, but more accuracy in the M3. Honestly, the two cars are comparable in so many ways, it's crazy. Great motor in that car though.

But to put in my 2¢ for the topic. IDK if it's overly sensitive, but it does tramline, the steering ratio is relatively quick so it makes the small changes even more pronounced, and this is even more evident if you're running big tires up front. IMO, steering feels good about 1-2 degrees off-center. The first degree or two just doesn't feel that tight on these cars to me.
Shoeshear is offline   Reply With Quote