View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 09:55 AM   #192 (permalink)
tims370z
Base Member

Drives: 15 Nissan 370Z Sport
tims370z is on a distinguished road

Definitely more work, but I agree, a better product. To recap for anyone that lands here in the future:

Materials Needed:
- 1 New left-hand Canadian stalk (PN: 25560-1ea1e)
- 2 New Torx bolts (not completely necessary unless you strip them, but called for in the service manual; PN: 878508990A; you will need a tamper proof T30 torx bit - I found a set at AutoZone)
- 1 New steering wheel nut (not completely necessary, but called for in the service manual; PN: 878508990A)
- 2 Low-profile 10 amp fuses (be sure they are the low-profile! I found them at Wal-Mart, of all places)
- 1 New rear fog light of your choice with bulb (can be found at Z1 here: https://www.z1motorsports.com/aero-a...ht-p-3817.html)
- 1 New rear T20 LED bulb (optional, but I wanted the light to be really bright! You can purchase one here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Steps for Install:
1. Remove the 2 torx bolts holding in the driver-side airbag
2. Remove the steering wheel nut and the steering wheel (I had to use my impact on this)
3. Remove the lower steering wheel cover (3 screws)
4. Unbolt the combination meter (e.g. speedo, tech, etc.) (4 bolts and a clip holding the wires)
5. Remove two screws holding in the top portion of the spiral cable (don't remove spiral cable!)
6. Remove the stalk (1 harness connector and then pull up)
7. Install new stalk and then reverse order to put everything back
8. Remove and install rear fog light (you'll notice about if you are wanting to use the factory harness connector holder on the rear fog bracket, its very difficult to get off. I had to dremel it off very carefully)
9. Install the fuses in the interior fuse box on the driver side (put the two 10 A fuses in the empty slots available)
10. Test the light out and enjoy!
tims370z is offline   Reply With Quote