View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 12:04 AM   #180 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
BMW clone or not. I'm really happy that this car came out. I'm hoping that this will push Nissan and others to keep and update their sports cars. If you look at past history of sports cars. They run in cycles. There will be a bunch of new cars, then nothing for years. Then they will come back into style. This cycle of nothing has gone on too long. I believe that the manufactures are trying to look ahead to 2030's. And trying to figure out what the laws will be. A couple of euro countries have already said that there will be no fossil fuel vehicles sold in 2030. So the decision they have to make. Is how much money are they willing to spend on fossil fuel cars now vs electric vehicle tech. I think this is where a couple of companies are at now. Nissan being one of them. Toyota took the gamble.
Any new vehicle that comes out now has to have a hybrid or plug in electric variant to make economic sense for auto manufacturers for the reasons you stated above. We are in a global marketplace. If Europe bans the ICE and so does China, it almost doesn’t matter if we don’t since most cars are built on a global architecture.

Hell, Ford is coming out with a plug in f150 and the ram 1500 has a mild hybrid option already and so does the new wrangler, if a Jeep is now hybrid, I’d say the writing is on the wall.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote