View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 10:42 PM   #177 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
Bottom line guys- people are not happy with the fact that the world’s biggest/most successful car manufacturer decided to take the lazy way out and basically use a BMW Z4, change the sheet metal and rebadge it as a Toyota Supra! Period. That is the main problem with the car. Sure, they call it a joint venture and co-development but the fact remains, it is basically 90% BMW and will be built on the same assembly line as the Z4.

Let me ask everyone this; How would the current Nissan GTR have been received if it had been developed by Audi and used an Audi sport sedan platform and power train (with detuned engine)? Think about that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let me ask you this... If the supra was a 400hp 3jz for 100k+ Would u still be complaining about price? Cuz engine development cost was the main reason behind doing this. At least it's an inline 6. That's it's heritage... The supra is not perfect. But it's a new 2 seat FR sports car that's not muscle. Who else is doing it under $60k?